Tuesday, March 13, 2007

El Tigre Poses

Here's some of my work from El Tigre.

These are what we can "specialty poses". These are poses hand picked by Jorge, Roman, and I. We choose these poses for many reasons. Maybe you can't create these poses with just the stock flash main character model pack, or maybe we feel we can plus the storyboard drawing, and sometimes to make it easier on the overseas studio.

I bring the storyboard drawings into flash and basically redraw/tighten up the pose. Sometimes that means a total redo, but mostly it's getting it basically on model the right way with the "Tigre" type of cheats.

I supervise all the specialty poses for every episode done by the amazing Chris Battle, Ernie Gilbert, Fred Osmond, Katie Rice, or Steve Lambe. All of which are then inked by the last linebender Su Moon. I also have a select few for me to do as well:

From the main title opening (storyboard by Dave Thomas):



From Episode 1 (storyboard by Ricky Garduno):





From Episode 2 (storyboard by Eddie T):



Labels: ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Lamar The Revenger said...

nice stuff!

12:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cool! I'm enjoying the show and the art much. Thanks!

6:18 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Great post. I love seeing stuff like this. Also the show is fantastic. Very unique and entertaining. I have really enjoyed wathing it.

6:58 AM  
Blogger Alexei Martins said...

AMAZING work!!!I really enjoyed the characters!!!

11:27 AM  
Blogger kevin kaliher said...

interesting.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

Having you and Ricky working on a show together is giving me a Fifth Beatle kind of moment. Say hi to him for me!

And doing those upside-down poses must be a royal pain if you're inking in Flash. Unless you've gotten a tablet computer to fool around on...

(sorry about possible double post, Blogger seems to be tetchy since their account switchover.)

3:40 PM  
Blogger Mukpuddy said...

Wow dude, now this is a post!!! This stuff looks crazy cool!!!

9:45 PM  
Blogger Animated AF said...

Interesting how you get the characters in a default template pose, then tinker them to fit the original drawings. It's almost like your posing 3D models from their default pose! Nicely done!

3:14 AM  
Blogger T' said...

Thanks for posting stuff like this. It's really cool for us not in the biz to see how this is done.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Oh wow, I didn’t know that you were working on this cartoon. But now that I do, it feels like it should have been obvious. I really love the character design for that show. The grandfather’s hat is my favorite! Whose idea was it to have all the little dangling skulls? I love the little details like that.
Even the backgrounds a wonderful to look at.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Gabe Swarr said...

Jorge Gutierrez came up with the idea of the skulls. He's amazing!

6:30 PM  
Blogger Custom Coaster said...

Oh the joys of this show never seem to stop I love this show, thank you for doing such great work for this great piece of cartoon joy!

12:40 AM  
Blogger Shane said...

those are crazy gorgeous Gabe!!! Nice!

5:42 PM  
Blogger JustMe said...

Wow! what a cool job you have!

8:09 AM  
Blogger warren said...

No wonder this show looks awesome! Look at that crew! You lucky boy...

9:32 PM  
Blogger anolel4 said...

i love all of them!!!

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home