Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Four Wheelers!

Well, the time is finally upon us! What is this I speak of you ask? Well, Gallery 1988 asked me to be in a 4 man art show a couple months ago and I said yes! Then they told me that I needed to paint 20-30 paintings for the show! Yikes!

That was 18 paintings ago... and now the show is opening at Gallery 1988 next week! Tuesday August 15th at 7PM with Thomas Han, Bwana Spoons, and Scott Morse! If I sell a lot of paintings, maybe they will ask me to be in some more shows and maybe eventually earn a solo show! It all depends on you guys...

This painting is called "Tex Mex", and was the first of the food series to be based on a real person! My friend Ricky Garduno and I were eating at a diner, and I saw this guy eaing a taco salad. He just happened to look exactly like one of my paintings. So, I drew him and ran home and did a painting even he would be proud of, I hope.





I'm going to post a painting everyday form now and the show, so stay tuned...

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

More Gabe paintings! Woot!

5:50 AM  
Blogger Peggy said...

Woo. Good luck getting them done in time!

7:20 AM  
Blogger Alexei Martins said...

Your paintings RULES!!!YEAH!!!

9:46 AM  
Blogger Rex said...

good luck with the show, Gabe! all the hungry people are going to buy your paintings!

12:59 PM  
Blogger geenpool said...

wow...you are really good. Love the dry brush look...sigh...i wish i could paint like that...damnit, sir, you have inspired me to get back to painting again sir...thank you.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

There are times when I find it difficult to make decisions, but still have to do. I know people always have emotions so that there is no justice. But I still hope. http://run3play.com

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home