Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Introducing: Life In The Analog Age

I'm happy to announce that I'm launching my new project today.

I've been working on it for some time now, it's called Life In The Analog Age. Check out the first promo:



It's an series of all ages shorts and strips all about my growing up before the internets in Pennsylvania. Don't get me wrong, I love the web, but times were really different back then, especially for me.

I really wanted to go in a completely different direction than Big Pants. They are stories all based on real events, all told straight from the heart. Even artistically, I limited the palette and that freed up the time to draw more and above all, no reuse.

I started really pouring over old pictures and albums and started to become really inspired and nostalgic. The actual color schemes came from them, like this one of my biological dad and I:

Here's the very first strip/inking test:

I kept everything except for the pink, it really wasn't working for me.

It's a really hard thing to try to really illustrate the way you felt then. The strips are really interpretive, but with the shorts, I can get a lot closer when writing the music, and especially the timing.

So, there are going to be a lot of strips and cartoons coming your way on lifeintheanalogage.com, make sure you subscribe to the rss feed or the youtube channel.

I hope you guys like it as much as I love doing it. Please tell me what you think, I can take it--it's good for me.

Labels: , , , ,

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SGOI!

6:07 AM  
Blogger Corey said...

Looking forward to it, sir!

6:56 AM  
Blogger WIL BRANCA said...

I'm looking forward to more of this, too...

Suddenly, I feel like curling up in front of the fire pit & having a nice cup of warm butter milk.

8:09 AM  
Blogger cartoonretro said...

Sounds great, Gabe- looking forward to it.
S.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Daisy Church said...

looks awesome!!! : D can't wait to see more!

7:20 PM  
Blogger Bob Flynn said...

Love where this is going! Great colors, fun character designs. I'm tuned.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Andrew Murray said...

your style is awesome.

love this blog.

10:15 PM  
Blogger John T Quinn III said...

this is a great idea. funny.
as a father of two i find myself often telling the tales of enduring road trips to Florida in the days before iPod Touch and portable dvd player.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Double0zero said...

I love this project Gabe!!! HK

6:17 PM  
Blogger boob said...

Oh my. There's a ton of relatable stuff going on here. Love it all down to the color scheme.

Maybe more than anything I like your mindset: "Interact with art it makes the world better"

So often I find myself enjoying the process of art and animation and looking forward to people's reaction/interpretation. I NEED that feedback. I NEED inspiration-both ways. And sometimes, it's like pulling teeth.

Anyway, if not for you, I almost would have entirely forgot about Freezy Freakies.

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...


obat herbal untuk penyakit gonore atau kencing nanah
obat herbal kencing nanah
obat herbal kencing nanah di apotik
obat herbal kencing nanah pada pria
obat tradisional kencing nanah
obat alami kencing nanah
obat alami kencing nanah pada pria
obat herbal untuk kencing nanah
obat herbal buat kencing nanah
apa obat herbal kencing nanah
obat herbal mengatasi kencing nanah
obat herbal kencing nanah di apotik

9:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

tanda tanda wanita berpenyakit kelamin
apakah obat callusol manjur untuk mengobati kutil kelamin?
obat callusol untuk kutil kelamin
callusol apa bisa untuk kutil kelamin?
obt kutil kelamin wilayah lampung
cara menyembuhkan kutil kelamin di lampung
kutil kelamin di liang vagina
Yang jual obat kutil kelamin di daerah bngkinang ada tidak?
jual obat untuk kutil kelamin di kota semarang
jual obat kutil penis daerah sorong
jual obat kutil kelamin di solo
gatal berlebihan dimuara Vagina
jual obat penghilang kondiloma
antibiotik kutil kaki
apa nama obat antibiotik untuk kutil kemaluan wanita
jenis obat antibiotik yang dikonsumsi penderita kutil kelamin
mendeteksi kutil kelamin

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home